Thursday 17 May 2012

Going all Roadie

When  the lighter evenings eventually arrive its the time of the year I start putting the mega miles in after work. And with the arrival of the New Planet-X RT-57 this year has had a new twist.
For me road riding has come after my first love mountain biking, and for me this is the first carbon frame I have owned, so the power transfer and lightness is quite a surprise.
Also new this year is the Strava app on my Android phone which is proving a great motivator as I cant wait to get out there and become top of the leaderboard on the KOM & sprint segments.
I have even found myself buying armwarmers and a gillet, and thinking how have I managed so long without these!
Entered My second time trial of the year tonight and knocked the best part of a minute of the previous time. The main events for my road riding will be my attempt of the Norwich 100 (twice) on the 27/5 and then the Boudicca 100 10/6.
But all these road miles despite how enjoyable, are still just training miles for the MTB stuff coming up later. This starts with mine and Marks attempt at a South Downs Way Double on 23/6. And then a little rest after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cycle Accident SolicitorsOur primary sponsors are CycleAid - cycle accident solicitors.

Hope Technology

On One

The Gorilla Firm

Juice Lubes

Scimitar Sports